A few weeks back my bestie and I were invited by Coco Spa to try two of their best spa treatments. Coco Spa was also one of our sponsors for the beaudiebag at Makeup Artistry Weekend last week (they’ve given a generous discount to all MAW participants) and we were super thrilled to get our treatments by them.
Coco Spa is a Franco-Sri Lankan partnership, born when the owners fell in love with the rich culture of Bali, and the tradional healing techniques practiced there for centuries. They started this operation 15 yrs ago, and offer a variety of premium spa treatments for a shockingly affordable price. (All prices are inclusive of taxes in the menu
Services they offer:
- MASSAGES (Traditional Balinese Massage, Warm stones massage, Head Back & Shoulder massage, Sri Lankan Herbal massage, Foot & Palm acupressure, etc..)
- FACIALS (Hydrating- for dry skin, Purity/Detox – for oily skin, Rejuvenating – anti-ageing) using Sothys products (made in France) – for those who dnt know Sothys Lol
- BODY SCRUBS (Natural Coconut scrub, Natural Coffee scrub),
- NAIL ART
- Apart from the above they have customizable PACKAGES available.
Their staff comprises of professional and experienced therapists from Bali, Indonesia. They are trained at their Spa School in Bali, before coming to Sri Lanka.
Locations of Coco Spa:
- Mount Lavinia Hotel
- Heritance Kandalama
- Heritance Tea Factory (Nuwara Eliya), Heritance Ahungalla
- Anantaya Chilaw
- Anantaya Pasikudah
- Sunrise by Jetwing (Passikudah)
- Turyaa Kalutara
- The Grand Kandyan, + 1 more opening soon!
Upon arrival we were served with ginger iced tea (you can also choose hot tea) and a refreshing cold towel. We also had to answer a short questionnaire on our health prior to the massage.
We could also choose the oil for the massage and I chose Energy while Nisha chose Sensation.
For the massage, I chose the Balinese Traditional Massage for 60 minutes followed by a full body coconut scrub for 30 minutes.
While they have private rooms for therapies, we chose the double room (where you can get your couple treatments together) that has a nice washroom with a bath tub and a separate shower cubicle.
The therapists constantly checked whether the pressure and everything was okay during the therapy. I felt super relaxed after the 60 minute massage, and my favorite was the coconut body scrub. My skin felt very smooth and clean after the scrub. After showering, we were offered fresh coconut chips to eat to conclude our experience.
Follow them on Instagram @cocospa_lk for more details and bookings
I’ll see you soon with another review!
Leave a Reply