Today I’m doing a small styling post that was totally unplanned! I got a lot of compliments for my hair and outfit today (and makeup too because I kept it really fresh) so I thought I’ll just share some of the details with you…
I literally didn’t do anything to my hair except pin a few strands at the center back because I have very thick hair. I did not comb, spray or even touch it other than that 🙂
But how I got my Jen-Atkin-inspired messy waves is that I had a hot shower last night right before I slept and I didn’t dry my hair. I just slept with the air-con on and voila! I have messy waves that are totally in vogue this days!
I should’ve put some hair-spray on… but I was running out of time so I just grabbed this sleeves camouflage tee from Zara that spikey studs on the shoulders (got this off sale years back!) and put on my favourite dark washed jeans from Mango. For shoes, my go-to for almost a year now are these black platform sandals from Charles & Keith… I completed the outfit with my Swiss Military Hanowa watch and a long boho necklace from H&M…
Kept my makeup fresh for the most part today… Here’re details of makeup:
- The Body Shop Vitamin E moisturizer + MAC Mineralize Timecheck Lotion (I love doubling moisturizer as my skin gets drier throughout the day)
- MAC Face & Body Foundation (The best for sheer, luminous coverage)
- MAC Bronze Bronzer
- MAC Studio Finish Concealers
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural (To set the concealers. This does not crease on me)
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Cheeky Bronze (Lightly dusted over cheeks for a subtle highlight)
I got inspired by this MAC Cosmetics tutorial to get natural, fresh and dewy face:
- Brows: Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo + No7 brush
- MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre
- MAC x Mariah Carey “I’m that chick you like” quad
- Kiss Beauty eyeliner
- Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Mascara
I kept the lips bare for a change, though it was exfoliated to keep it looking smooth.
Hope you liked this look… I don’t recommend not drying your hair at night all the time, but I just wanted to be honest about how I got the heatless waves today.
Let me know your thoughts…
P.S. Special thanks to my colleagues for taking pics!
Leave a Reply