How have you all been? I’ve been quite busy as usual, but I have so many interesting plans and news to share with you including my YouTube account (officially active from mid-October in collaboration with my bestie, yay!) and wedding planning plus, opening bridal hair & makeup studio in the near future, again with my bestie… We’re planning so many exciting things so stay tuned to both our Instagram accounts: @nmstylefolder @senisha_makeup_artistry
Today I’m talking about a staple item in my makeup kit ever since I started loving makeup. MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation is an absolute necessity for anyone and everyone!
Why I love it:
- It’s highly pigmented, providing medium and build-able coverage in no-time.
- It doesn’t get cake-y like other powders, and instead the more you pack on, the more real-life-photoshopped you look!
- It’s incredibly soft and a little goes a long way.
- Super easy to blend.
- Available in 48 shades!!! That has to cover every skin tone possible on earth, right?
- Great if you have oily skin as you can easily use this as a foundation.
- You can also use it as contour or highlight powders if you purchase one shade lighter or darker than your skin 🙂
Price: US$ 28.00 (15g / 0.52 oz)
How to use it: You can use it with a large powder brush (I love Sephora Powder Brush) and use all over my face to keep your makeup matte and keep it long lasting. You can also use a BeautyBlender or the thin sponge that comes with it to apply or retouch on the go.
If you have oily skin: This is a great powder to keep your skin from shinning. Simply pat this all over face and neck after foundation. (Recommend MAC Studio Fix Fluid foundation if you have oily skin)
If you have dry skin: You can still use it very lightly on the areas that you’ve applied concealer. Use a setting brush (I love Real Techniques Setting Brush) to lightly push the powder on top of the concealer.
Definitely recommend this product for everyone regardless skin tone, texture and skin type because of all the things I mentioned above 🙂 It’s a good investment if you feel like the price is too much because you need very little product for daily use, and mine hit pan only after one year of consistent usage that’s not only on myself but on my clients too!
I’ll see you tomorrow with yet another staple from MAC…