Summer is here so let’s get some bright colours out and start doing some bold makeup looks, shall we?
Today I did an extremely easy look using as less products as possible (I’ll tell you why, below) and most of the products are on the higher side of the price scale, but I will do another easy look with mostly drugstore tomorrow!
Why I’m using less number of products as possible? Well, last night I was checking some YouTube tutorials and realised that most of the gurus out there use a TON of products to create one look (which is totally awesome and I love watching these kind of videos) but I also noticed that most of the celebrity and professional makeup artists use very few key products (i.e. Lisa Eldridge, Bobby Brown, Mario Dedivanovic, Jordan Liberty, etc…) to achieve beautiful and glamorous looks on their clients. I too use at least 20 different products every day, but I wanted to go down these celebrity MUA’s lane for a change and try out some effortless makeup looks…
Here’s the look:
It was super easy. I was inspired by this video from Anastasia’s channel, which you can watch here.
Key products I used here:
- Urban Decay Naked One & Done Hybrid Complexion Perfector (used as a hybrid of moisturiser and foundation)
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer (Used under eyes to conceal and brighten)
- MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation (Used to set the concealer)
- NARS Casino Bronzer (Used on forehead, nose, cheeks and centre of chin with a soft fluffy brush)
- NARS Starscape Blush (Used lightly on the apples of the cheeks for a healthy flush)
- Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade (Great for summer time as it’s long-lasting and budge-proof)
- MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot (This is a must for summer time as your eye lids tend to get oilier for the heat and humidity. This also makes your shadows stay longer throughout the day)
- Tarte Cosmetics Rain Forest of The Sea palette (Used the shade “Mermaid” all over the lid)
- Makeup Geek Espresso Eyeliner: (Used on the lower lash line and smudged with MAC 219 pencil brush immediately for a soft smokey effect)
- Flormar Liquid Liner in Sardonyx Brown: (Not sure if this is waterproof, but it definitely lasts a very long time and tip is super sharp so you can draw a really thin liner if you like!)
- Flormar Lip Liner in 230: (These lip liners are so great they last the whole day!)
- Too Faced Melted Metallic Macaron: (Used lightly and dabbed with fingers for a thin layer of bright pink lipstick!)
The only two non mid/high-end products used here are the Flormar liners but they’re so great in quality (there’s a post coming up next week regarding this brand!) so I definitely recommend you trying out their products!
I hope you like this look… Let me know what you think and tomorrow I will post a mostly drugstore summer makeup look for the beauties on a budget!