For this year’s summer, MakeupGeek came up with some new regular eyeshadow singles Baby Face, Desert Sands, Roulette, Shore Thing, Poppy, Rapunzel & High Tea. I’ve already done a review & swatch post for Baby Face & Desert Sands, and today I picked another one of my favourite combos from her new shades.
Rapunzel: Is a satin finish champagne yellow that can be used to highlight brow bones, eye lid or inner corners.
High Tea: Is a matte finish greenish brown with grey undertone. This is great to smoke out the outer corners of your eyes or use as a crease shade.
Both shades have: Good pigmentation and apply smooth and evenly. They can be stored in Z palettes, which are also available at MakeupGeek website.
Price: US$ 5.99 each
Shipping and Delivery: MakeupGeek delivers worldwide (including Sri Lanka) and delivery time differs from 1.5 weeks to 5 weeks.
Here’s a look I created using both shadows:
- Prime your eyelids (I used ELF Eye Primer)
- Apply High Tea on the crease using a small soft crease brush
- Using a flat stiff eyeshadow brush, apply Rapunzel on the lid
- With a blending brush, blend Rapunzel & High Tea softly
- Apply Peach Smoothie (also from MakeupGeek) as a transition shade from High Tea to brow bone. This will smooth out the crease making it soft and wearable for day time.
- Highlight inner corners of your eyes with Charmed (also from MakeupGeek)
These shadows are cruelty free as well as Talc & Paraben free…
Do I recommend them? As much as I love them, I don’t believe they are must-haves. I love High Tea because it’s an uncommon colour with good pigmentation, which can be rare when it comes to matte finishes. I believe that Rapunzel can be commonly found in many pre-made palettes that you might already own. But, if you’re a beginner and you want create your own Z Palette, you can go ahead and buy both.
I’ll see you soon with more beauty product reviews!
Leave a Reply