Before I post today’s look with the Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar, I have another small post for you, which gives a bit of personal details about me…
I was tagged by the sweet Sophie Chekruga to do Love/Hate tag a few days back. Sophie is one of the favourite bloggers I follow, because she writes about beauty, fashion, styling, travelling and all-things I love to read about! Don’t forget to check her blog and her Love/Hate post here 🙂
Here are 10 things I love:
1. Makeup: It’s like I wake up for makeup! I’m obsessed with applying makeup, buying makeup and trying different looks every morning and writing honest reviews about them.
2. Reading: Is something I do every night. I have a small collection of books at home. My favourite authors are Sandra Brown, Dan Brown, Nicholas Sparks and J.K.Rowling. (I was a die-hard Harry Potter fan back when I was a teenager.)
3. Lana Del Rey: Is my ultimate favourite singer. She has such a beautiful voice and i love the melancholy in some of her songs. I love the style of her music videos and i have a strong relationship with her lyrics. My favourite LDR songs are: Gods & Monsters, Blue Jeans, Summertime Sadness, American and Dark Paradise.
4. Piano: Playing piano is good meditation after a stressful week. I play my piano every weekend for hours and hours, but I admit I have stage fright! If I know somebody’s watching me, I get super nervous and I mix up all the keys. But I play well when I’m alone without making a single mistake 😉
5. 50s & 60s style: Is in my blood it seems… I love 50s makeup and 60s fashion. No matter how hard I try, my designs always end up having something to do with the 50s or 60s.
6. Trying out new food: I want to eat something new every day. I love checking new restaurants with my boyfriend whenever we’re together. I love watching Nigella, Jamie and Ravinder’s on TLC…
7. Designing: This is my profession. I love designing new clothes. I’m always on IG and style.com, checking the latest runaway shows to get my daily inspiration.
8. Drawing: Has been my hobby since I was like four or five. I know this is something I’m very good at, and I’m proud of it. I love doing portraits, but most of my drawings are pencils sketches. I love monochrome art.
9. Baking & cooking: Is so relaxing and fun to do! My favourites are cupcakes and pastas.
10. Istanbul: I fell in love with Istanbul the moment I landed there. It’s a very scenic city with different types of landscapes. I love it because it’s a perfect mix of Europe & Asia, it is culturally rich and the food is the best I’ve tried in my life.
10 Things I hate:
1. Waking up in the morning. (I don’t have to explain why, do I?)
2. People who cannot think out of the box: People with traditional mindsets, people who believe only in what they say or think. I’m sorry, I can never be friends with them.
3. Online gossip. Period. I can’t stand it.
4. When people say “you don’t need makeup”: Seriously, who are you to tell me I don’t need makeup? Of course you haven’t seen me without makeup, and no, I don’t need help. I’m not depressed. I’m not underestimating myself. I just feel confident when I’m well dressed and made up. Funny thing is, whenever I don’t put makeup, the same people ask, “Are you okay? You look sick!” Need I say anymore? 😉
5. Men who control their women: Possessive men. I confess, I have had a lot of experience with this type of men. There was a time when I had to ask permission from my man even for the dumbest things like cutting my hair, painting my nails etc… These are the smallest things I can remember but thank god I left them! Now that I’m finally with someone who is sweet and trusting enough to let me make my own decisions, I cannot stand it when one of my girlfriends whine about something their boyfriend didn’t let them do. I have no space for possessive men in my life.
6. Talking about politics. Seriously. No. Keep your own political views to yourself!
7. People who have no filters/breaks in their mouths. It just shows how low and stupid they are.
8. Jack fruit, dry fish and tea with milk. Some Sri Lankans would call me weird for not liking jackfruit, but I hate that taste. I also hate the smell of dry fish, and I want my tea to be plain, without milk or sugar.
9. Catcalling. I think every woman hates this, but I don’t understand why men still do it knowing fully well we hate it. It’s ugly, horrendous and it’s never gonna help them get a girl. Ever.
10. Chipped nails. Ok this is such a first world problem. But your nails can speak volumes about you! Keeping them clean is very important to me and if I paint my nails (which I always do) I make sure to retouch as soon as they start chipping, or wipe them clean and apply a new colour.
Here I am tagging 10 more bloggers to do their love/hate post…