Today I’m sharing my MOTD, which I did using a mix of high-end and drugstore products. This is an easy look that is appropriate for both day and night for any season. (I’ve given the options for seasons in case you wanted to differentiate)
I’ve listed below the key products that I used:
The 2 main focuses on this look were the eyes & lips. So I have only shown the products I used for those.
1. I primed my eyelids with ELF primer (not photographed. You can use your favourite primer)
2. Then I applied Dior’s Pavillon (Limited Edition- Summer 2014) all over the lid until the crease. You can use any shimmery peach shade (Suggestions: Too Faced A La Mode Eyes: Cannes or Jardin/ NYX Prismatic Shadow-Golden Peach)
3. For the crease I used the ‘Lid’ shade from this cute little ELF eyeshadow palette I got for my birthday. You can use any matte nude shade that’s closer to your skin tone as this is your transition colour too. (Suggestions: Makeup Geek-Beaches & Cream/Creme Brûlée/Peach Smoothie/Latte)
4. To deepen the outer corner I applied “Line” shade from the same ELF palette. This is a matte deep brown shade so you can use your favourite deep brown eyeshadow to blend into the lid and crease. (Suggested: NYX nude matte shadow-Betrayal/Makeup Geek-Latte)
5. Next, take any shimmer champagne gold shade to highlight the inner corners of yours eyes. (I used the marked shade on the picture above from Dior’s Earth Reflection palette/Suggested: Makeup Geek Foiled Eyeshadow-Magic Act)
6. I lined my eyes with favourite gel liner from L’Oreal in Black.
7. The mascara was from ELF. I’m so in love with mascara as it really lengthens and separates the lashes.
8. For lips I used Estée Lauder Pure Colour Envy lipstick in Red Ego. I used this as lightly as possible as a tint and applied Revlon’s Cloudburst balm stain in Honey Douche to make it more spring/summer appropriate. (For fall/winter you can omit Honey Douche and go ahead with just Red Ego)
Here’s completed look:
Because it’s spring/summer in the Northern Hemisphere right now (I know it’s always summer in Sri Lanka, but it doesn’t hurt to get a little excited with the rest of the world, right?) I used only bronzing this time. I love using NARS bronzer in Casino because it’s a lovely warm colour. (I don’t recommend this for contouring because it’s too warm for that)
I love this look as you can wear this for both day and night (Just add a bit more Red Ego at night 😉 ) and I also love mixing high-end with drugstore products.
I hope you like this look and I will see you soon with more reviews and beauty looks!